A broad set of values and principles govern how we work, deliver learnings and interact with all stakeholders and associates (learners, partners, employees, faculty etc). It is best that you know what these are and make an informed decision to start / continue your journey with us only if you agree with them.
Some services (For eg: Payment Gateway, WhatsApp communication, Learning Management System) are provided by third-party service providers (basically not us) and they will have their own terms and conditions, which we shall not be responsible for.
While learning with us, you shall be bound by the following terms / policies:
Lawctopus Law School (“LLS”) offers specially designed and practical legal skills training, courses & certifications online.
- You represent to us that you are over 18 years of age and have the legal capacity to enter into this User Agreement.
- Once you have signed-up with us (created an account on courses.lawctopus.com or registered for an event that is being organized by LLS) you shall be considered a ‘learner / partner’ and you agree that you will not resort to any unethical practices or violate any laws that may be applicable in your case. For the avoidance of doubt:
- an event will be considered to be organized by LLS if LLS is the primary host, organizer, co-host or co-organizer for the event;
- An event will not be considered to be organized by LLS if LLS is the ‘outreach partner’ or ‘knowledge partner’ for the event.
- You will not post or transmit any communication or solicitation or other “phishing”, “pharming” or “whaling” message designed or intended to obtain the password, account, confidential information or Personal Information from any learner on LLS or any other third party whatsoever.
- You acknowledge that if any information provided by you at the time of sign-up is not correct, we reserve the right to terminate your use of our services and your enrolment into a course, to the extent applicable.
- You agree that you are registering with the intent to complete the assignments, if any, that are relevant and applicable to the course into which you have enrolled.
- You agree to abide by the decision/evaluation of LLS for grading your assignments.
- You agree to meeting the deadlines for submission of various assignments/projects & following other logistical formalities and that issuance of the final certificate of completion/certificate of merit will be subject to your complying with the terms of this document.
- You agree to not plagiarize your assignment from another source and submit an original non-plagiarized assignment.
- In case you wish to request a transfer to another batch, you shall pay a processing fee of Rs. 400 + GST towards the same and we shall process your request within 48hrs from successful completion of the payment process.
- You agree that only you are authorized to access the content that is copyrighted with LLS and not to share or make available to any third party who has not subscribed to the course, workshop or program by LLS.
- While LLS puts in best efforts to ensure that the content for its courses, workshops or programs is authentic and correct, it makes no warranty to that effect.
- You agree not to share your user credentials (user ID & password) with any third party who has not subscribed to the course, workshop or program by LLS.
- LLS can modify or remove any content from its platform or the courses that you have opted for, at its sole discretion. LLS need not notify the learners of any such change.
- Limitation of Liability – Under this User Agreement and during the course of our association, the maximum liability of LLS shall be limited to the fees paid by you.
- We will request you to provide us with some Personal Information (Full name, personal email ID, contact number, educational qualifications, official designation etc) in order for us to better aid your learning and to carry out logistics of the course, workshop or program.
- We may collect some other forms of information from you, such as information about your interactions with customer service, maintenance interactions with us, testimonials for your experience with us, etc.
- We receive some information about you from third-party service providers (For eg: Facebook) when you interact with us through those channels and we have not authorized such third-party service providers to use your Personal Information in any way. In case of any unauthorized use by such third party service providers, we shall extend our reasonable assistance to you if you wish to initiate action against such third parties.
- We may use the Personal Information we collect to provide you with information relating to our courses through third party service providers via email, SMS, phone call or any other medium.
- You authorise LLS to connect with you via email, SMS, phone call or any other medium for the purpose of delivering our services to you.
- We use your information to administer exams, projects, and other assessments for the courses, events or programs organized by LLS.
- We may share the information that we collect from you with our partners (e.g., a university or a company) that developed or offered the course, workshop or program you are taking; the instructor who taught, managed or otherwise oversaw the course, workshop or program; external evaluators who will be assessing your performance; or mentors.
- We shall store your Personal Information maintained with us on servers situated in India or abroad (in case of some third party service providers) and by submitting your Personal Information to us, you acknowledge the same.
- We may allow third-party companies, including advertising companies (such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, Quora and Bing) to place cookies on our website. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display Ads and record your activities, so they can show Ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the Internet. These cookies store information about the content you are browsing, together with an identifier linked to your device or IP address.
Non-discrimination & Anti-harassment Policy
We prescribe to the same Non-discrimination & Anti-harassment Policy in totality (including any subsequent amendments) as Lawctopus & the same can be found here.
Students may choose not to pursue the course due to multiple reasons including mismatch of expectations, time constraints, health issues, etc. Irrespective of the reason, we have standard Refund Policy uniformly applicable to all our students –
|When?||How much refund?|
|Before the start of the Batch||90% of the total amount paid|
|Within the first 7 days of the commencement of the Course||75% of the total amount paid|
|Within the first 14 days of the commencement of the course||60% of the total amount paid|
|After 14 days of course commencement||No refund|
How to seek a refund?
- Please write an email to email@example.com mentioning your registered email address and the name and batch of the course for which you are seeking a refund. Please also mention your reason for requesting a refund.
- A refund confirmation email mentioning the amount of refund will be sent within 3 days.
- The refund shall be processed in your original mode of payment within 7 days of receipt of your request.